Contributor: Serajul mostakim Peal
Waterfall Name: Amiakum waterfall
Data measured by/ or source:
Amiakum is one of the beautiful waterfall in Bangladesh.it’s near Bangladesh Myanmar Boder.This waterfall is situated in one of the most remote area in Bandarban.There is different way to go Amiakum.
Bandorban > thanchi> Bording para> Simplampi para > Thandiy para > Bollong Para > sat bahi kum > Nakiong muk> Amiakum waterfall
Route 2 :
Thanchi> Poddo muk > Bollong para > sat Bahi kum > Nakiong muk > Amiakum waterfall
How to go:
To visit Amiakum you have to reach at Bandarban first.
There are direct bus services from Dhaka. S. Alam, Unique, Shamoly and Dolphin are the non ac bus services which leave Dhaka for Bandarban at late night. The fare for non ac bus is 550 taka (2012).
from Chattogong to Bandorban 100 tk (2012).
From Bandorban, u can go to Thanchi by Bus ( 110 per person (2012)).
Route plan 1:
It’s long trail. You have to walk most of the path up-down. The trek started from Thanchi, then Boarding para > Simplampi para. From Simplampi Para you can summit Tajindong. After reaching Simplampi Para you have to climb down to Thandui Para. You have to pass one more hill to reach Bollong para. To see Amiakum u have to start journey early in morning from bollong para. In the way you can also see Sat bhai kum > Nakion Muk. It’s a Jiripoth ( water trail ) and one of the most beautiful trail at bandorban. From Nakiong Muk you have to make a Bamboo Raft to reach Amiakum.
Route Plan 2:
Thanchi to poddo muk, you can go by boat. From Poddo muk, you have to start tracking for Bollong para. It’s jiri path, known as poddo jiri. To see Amiakum u have to start journey early in morning from bollong para. In the way you can also see Sat bhai kum > Nakion Muk. It’s Jiripoth ( water trail ) and one of the most beautiful trail at bandorban. From Nakiong Muk you have to make a Bamboo Raft to reach Amiakum. On the way to amiakum you might see many deers,monkey, birds and other wild life.
Where to stay:
There are many hotels at bandorban. At thanchi, you can stay in the rest house. For assistance visit “Modina hotel” restaurant, they will help you to stay at thanchi.
After thanchi you can stay at any tribal para, they are very friendly and hospitable. Try to avoid Simplampi para as they are not that much friendly. Bollong para is a nice place to stay. It’s a Morong para. The Son of karbari (leader of that village) will help you to go Amiakum (Bollong para), guide cost depends on negotiation.
What to eat (food):
At the trail you have to manage food from locality. We always suggest taking some dry and light food for trail.
Tips/advise for traveler:
• Don’t try to Visit in rainy season. At that time there is no way to go because of flooding in the waterway.
• You may take medicine for malaria as this region is considered as malaria affected zone.
• Wear comfortable foot wear. It is very important issue for trekking. Make sure it can give you a better grip. You can wear local plastic sandal if you don’t have any other suitable footwear. Always use socks.
• Take a tribal guide rather than a Bengali guide if required. They are more efficient and helpful.
• Pack all of your good in extra water proof bag or poly bags.
• Fix how much the guide will cost you before starting a trail.
• Don’t take too much load, use backpack/rucksack instead of other sorts of bag. Couple of pairs of dress will be enough. You don’t need any tent (unless you want to do camping) because you will get accommodation easily.
• It is a really easy trek so do not afraid.
• don’t rush, that may occur any accident or trouble.
• Keep head cool in danger. That is the best act. Try to enjoy even in tough situation.
• Be a team. Do not go anywhere alone in the hills, always move with accompany.
• You must take torch light or headlight.
The main tip is if you want to go to Amiakum you will need a lot of mental strength than physical strength.
Photo Credit: Serajul mostakim Peal